Best Scent Eliminator for Hunting
"Yes, thanks to the best scent eliminator for hunting on the market today! Gone are the days of setting up multiple stands to align with the wind.”
Long ago, our ancestors hunted animals successfully without using hunting scent eliminators. They used the wind's direction to their advantage, making sure animals couldn't detect them easily.
When the wind was not favorable for hunting, our ancestors had a clever plan. They would set up many stands and carefully choose the ones where the wind would be in their favor, helping them stay hidden while hunting.
Fortunately, we now have a large selection of the best scent eliminators that allow us to continue hunting even when the wind is not in our favor.
What Is the Best Scent Eliminator for Hunting?
The best hunting scent eliminator for hunting will depend on the type of game and the environment in which you’ll be using it.
A good quality scent eliminator should be able to eliminate odors quickly and effectively without leaving behind any detectable residual smell or residue.
When choosing the best hunting scent control, consider these important features:
1. Odor Neutralization: Look for a hunting scent eliminator that destroys human scent at the source by attacking the odor-causing microbial cells. It's like wiping out the source of the odor, making you nearly invisible to them.
2. Scent Masking: Some of the best hunting scent controls also offer masking agents to further cover up any trace smells of human presence. These usually come in the scent of Natural Earth which can blend in with the environment and make it difficult for the game to detect your presence.
3. Natural-based Formula: Make sure the hunting scent eliminator you choose is made with natural ingredients that won’t harm the wildlife or environment. Scent eliminators with natural-based formulas are usually better at getting rid of smells and are safer than ones with artificial chemicals.
4. Effectiveness: The most important thing about scent control for hunting is that it works really well to hide your human scent from deer and other animals. To find the best one, you should do some research and read reviews to see how well it works when other hunters use it while hunting.
5. Durability & Convenience: Make sure the scent control products you choose have a long shelf-life, are easy to use, and can be applied quickly. Some scent eliminators come in multiple forms such as sprays or wipes which can make them more convenient when you’re out in the field.
6. Long-lasting Effect: Look for a scent eliminator that offers long-lasting protection and is capable of eliminating odors on the body, clothes, and hunting gear. This ensures that you remain undetected in the woods and can help keep you safe from predators for a long period of time.
7. Price: Of course, price is always an important factor to consider when purchasing a scent eliminator for hunting. Make sure you are getting the best hunting scent eliminators within your price range and that it has all of the features you need.
8. UV Blaster Additive: UV Blaster technology is a great addition to any scent eliminator since UV Brighteners in your hunting clothes can sabotage all of your hard work especially in deer hunting.
Deer can see UV Brighteners, so your scent eliminator should contain an additive that will neutralize these brighteners as well.
How to Use Scent Eliminators Effectively?
Getting the right scent control products for your needs is only the first step in achieving success in eliminating odor.
To effectively eliminate odors, you must know how to use your products correctly. Here are some tips on how to maximize the effectiveness of hunting scent eliminators:
- Level-Up – There are many hunting products available to further boost your scent control efforts. Take advantage of them.
- Apply liberally – Apply the field sprays liberally and evenly over your body, clothing, and gear for the best results.
- Give it time – Allow the scent eliminator to work fully before heading out on your hunt so that you can achieve maximum odor-blocking power.
- Reapply often – Scent control for hunting break down over time, especially when exposed to sweat or rain. Reapply your scent eliminator as needed for best results.
- Follow directions carefully – Be sure to read and follow all instructions that come with your scent eliminator so that you get the most out of it.
The Steps to Best Scent Elimination Strategies
- Wash hunting clothes with unscented laundry detergent
Unscented laundry detergents remove dirt and grime, but won’t leave behind any fragrances that could give away your position. They are specially formulated to destroy odors and attack hard-to-remove stains.
2. Wash your Hair and Body with Hunting Soaps, Body Wash, and Shampoo
These hunting hygiene products not only leave your hair and body squeaky clean and hydrated but also completely scent-free. They are designed with odorless compounds to help you stay undetected.
3. Condition your Hair with a Hunting Conditioner
Hunting conditioner will deeply hydrate and restores your hair to its natural beauty and shine while keeping it scent-free and looking great.
4. Apply Scent-Eliminating Spray
Scent-eliminating sprays help reduce any odors present on clothing, either in the form of human body odors or laundry detergents. Make sure to spray your boots and gloves, as these are often the most overlooked items when it comes to scent elimination.
5. Carry Scent Eliminator Wipes with You
These are highly effective when it comes to reducing odors. Field wipes can be used on your face, hands, and other exposed skin areas to help reduce any scents. They are also great for wiping down surfaces that you touch with your hands, such as equipment and hunting gear.
Bonus Best Scent Control Preparation
Keep Facial Hair Trimmed
Our thick mustache and beard all have the potential to absorb odors—a fact that shouldn't be overlooked! Any trapped odors in facial hair can transfer onto the air when you exhale or move around, giving away your position to the game.
Change Your Boots & Socks
One of hunters' most commonly overlooked scent control tips is changing your footwear. You should rotate between different pairs of boots and socks every time you go out in the field. Not only does this prevent odors from being trapped in the fabric, but it also provides you with extra comfort and protection.
Don't Wear the Same Clothes Every Hunt
It's best to rotate between clean pieces of clothing that are best suited to the outdoors and hunting.
This should be done to ensure that no odors are trapped in the fabric, making them easier to detect by game.
Air Out Your Gear
It's best practice for hunters to air out their gear after every hunt. Not only does this help eliminate any odors that may have been trapped in the fabric, but it can also help prevent the long-term build-up of odors.
This can be done by hanging your gear outside on a clothesline, allowing the sun and breeze to do the rest.
One of the best hunting scent control tips is to stay downwind of any game you are hunting. This will help to ensure that any smells or odors that may be on your clothing are not picked up by the animal. It's best practice to stay downwind of any game you are hunting at all times.
These simple steps can help you remain undetected on the hunt – just remember that using the right scent eliminator is only part of the equation. Make sure you practice proper application techniques for maximum effectiveness.